Net Worth in Dollars
~ $570 Millions
Date of Birth
29, Nov, 1963
Entrepreneur & Business man
Net Worth in Rupees
Rs 4555 Crores
About Lalit Modi
Lalit Modi is the former chairman and commissioner of the Indian Premier League (IPL). He is a controversial figure who has been accused of corruption and match-fixing. He is currently exiled in the United Kingdom.
Lalit Modi’s Early life
Lalit Modi was born on November 29, 1963, in Delhi, India. He is Krishan Kumar Modi and Bina Modi’s older son. His grandfather, Gujar Mal Modi, was a founder of the Modi Group, a large business conglomerate. Lalit Modi’s father, Krishan Kumar Modi, expanded the family business into new areas, including tobacco, real estate, and aviation.
Lalit Modi went to Shimla’s Bishop Cotton School and Nainital’s St. Joseph’s College. He then went on to study electrical engineering at Duke University in the United States. After graduating from Duke, Modi worked for Philip Morris International and Estee Lauder in the United States. In 1986, he returned to India and joined the family business.
In the early 1990s, Lalit Modi became involved in the Indian cricket administration. He served as the Vice President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) from 1997 to 2005. In 2008, he founded the Indian Premier League (IPL), a professional Twenty20 cricket league. The IPL quickly became one of the most popular sporting leagues in the world.
However, Lalit Modi’s tenure as the chairman and commissioner of the IPL was marred by controversy. He was accused of corruption and match-fixing. In 2010, he was banned from cricket administration by the BCCI. He then fled India and went into exile in the United Kingdom.
Lalit Modi has continued to live in exile in the United Kingdom since 2010. He has denied all allegations of corruption and match-fixing. He has also tried to regain control of the IPL, but his efforts have been unsuccessful.
Lalit Modi declared in July 2022 that he is dating former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen. The news has caused a stir in India, as Sen is a popular celebrity.
Check out:- Salman Khan & Shahrukh khan
Lalit Modi’s Controversy
Lalit Modi has been involved in a number of controversies, including:
- Corruption: Modi has been accused of corruption in the awarding of IPL contracts and in the sale of IPL franchises. He has also been accused of using his position as IPL chairman to enrich himself and his family.
- Match-fixing: Modi has been accused of involvement in match-fixing in the IPL. He has denied these allegations, but the BCCI has banned him from cricket administration for life.
- Financial irregularities: Modi has been accused of financial irregularities in the IPL, including using IPL funds for personal expenses and failing to disclose his financial interests.
- Breach of confidentiality: Modi has been accused of breaching the confidentiality of the BCCI and the IPL by disclosing confidential information to the media.
- Improper conduct: Modi has been accused of improper conduct, including making sexist and racist remarks.
In 2010, the BCCI banned Modi from cricket administration for life on charges of corruption and financial irregularities. Modi has denied all allegations, but he has been unable to clear his name. He is currently exiled in the United Kingdom.
The controversies surrounding Lalit Modi have damaged the reputation of the IPL and have raised questions about the governance of cricket in India. Modi remains a controversial figure, and it is unlikely that he will ever be able to return to cricket administration in India.
Check out:- Kamal Haasan & Tamannaah Bhatia
Lalit Modi’s Net Worth
Lalit Modi’s net worth is estimated to be around Rs 4,555 crore (approximately $570 million) as of July 2023. He is the chairman of Modi Enterprises, a large business conglomerate with interests in tobacco, real estate, aviation, and entertainment. He is also the owner of the Rajasthan Royals, an IPL team.
Modi’s wealth comes from his family’s business empire and his own investments. He is also a wealthy businessman in his own right. He has been involved in a number of high-profile deals, including the sale of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to Sony Pictures Entertainment for $2.5 billion.
Despite his wealth, Modi has been dogged by controversy throughout his career. He has been accused of corruption, match-fixing, and financial irregularities. He is currently living in exile in the United Kingdom after being banned from cricket administration by the BCCI.
Despite the controversies, Lalit Modi remains a wealthy and influential figure. His net worth is expected to rise in the next few years.
Lalit Modi’s Lifestyle
Lalit Modi lives a lavish lifestyle. He owns a five-storey mansion in London, a fleet of luxury cars, and a private jet. He is also a regular visitor to expensive hotels and casinos.
Here are some details about Lalit Modi’s lifestyle:
- Mansion: Modi’s mansion in London is spread over 7,000 square feet and has 14 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, two guest rooms, four reception rooms, and two kitchens. It is reportedly worth £20 million (approximately Rs 200 crore).
- Cars: Modi owns a fleet of luxury cars, including a Rolls-Royce Phantom, a Bentley Continental GT, and a Ferrari F430. He is also a fan of vintage cars and owns a number of classic models, including a Jaguar E-Type and a Mercedes-Benz 300SL.
- Private jet: Modi owns a private jet, which he uses to travel to his various business interests around the world. The jet is reportedly worth £50 million (approximately Rs 500 crore).
- Hotels: Modi is a regular visitor to expensive hotels, such as the Ritz-Carlton, the Plaza Hotel, and the Burj Khalifa. He is also a member of several exclusive clubs, such as the Soho House and the Ivy Club.
- Casinos: Modi is a frequent visitor to casinos, such as the Bellagio and the Venetian in Las Vegas. He is also a known gambler and has reportedly won and lost millions of dollars at the tables.
Lalit s lavish lifestyle has been the subject of much scrutiny. Some people have criticized him for his extravagant spending, while others have defended him, saying that he is simply enjoying the fruits of his success.
Whatever one may say about Lalit , there is no doubt that he is a wealthy and influential figure. His lifestyle is a reflection of his wealth and power.